What is Social Media Marketing
Before defining what Social Media Marketing mean, we must first ask a question: are we talking about “social media” as tools to entertain individuals, as business tools for B2C companies, or finally as business tools for B2B companies?
Answer is simple: since our core competence is in B2B (Business-to-Business) marketing and sales, this page is about Social Media Marketing for B2B companies.
Having said that, Social Media Marketing is not about likes, share, follow, or any other typical social media KPI’s. If you own or work for a B2B company looking to grow its business, Social Media Marketing is about one thing only: generate leads.
Therefore, Social Media Marketing is a lead generation strategy that leverages social media as just another channel to drive more business.
As secondary goals, social media can also be used for other typical applications, such us:
– listen to your market: market research and market intelligence
– identify opportunities and needs in the market you might be unaware of
– position, create corporate branding and personal branding
– support customers
– build relationships with clients/customers/prospects
But in our vision, the ultimate goal of Social Media Marketing must always be lead generation.
How Do Our Social Media Marketing Services Work
The key elements of our Social Media Marketing strategy are indeed:
- the content you publish
- the effectiveness of the landing pages you drive your audience to: how well does the social media funnel convert the “followers” and the “likes” into a sales ready opportunity?
Our typical Social Media Marketing service is organised this way:
- Define who your ideal customer/audience is
- Create a Social Media Plan:
– what is the overall purpose of your social media activity
– what are the KPI’s
– concepts of individual posts
– “look” of posts (will social posts based upon text and/or images and/or videos?)
– frequency of publishing
- When you approve the Social Media Plan, our copywriters start developing content.
In social media marketing, this content has the same purpose of advertisements in Inbound Marketing: drive clicks to your landing page.
While in PayPerClick the ads have just few words to entice to a click, a post on social media can take longer, share more information, and therefore generate better quality leads.
- Create a Social Media Marketing funnel, with a landing page, a (optional) webform, other pages, and follow-up email sequences
- Once concept is approved, our web developer or graphic department “dress” the content in the proper media
- As soon as everything is ok, posts start getting published
Social Media Marketing Funnel
Social Media Marketing funnel is a two-way path:
- any piece of content can be repurposed as a social media post
- any social media post can become a piece of content
- almost every post (if not all) must contain a Call-To-Action driving onto a landing page
- landing page should convert the social media visitors into a prospects
- rest of the funnel (additional web pages plus email sequences) converts the visitor into a sales ready prospect
- further posts create engagement and walk with your audience along its buying journey
Social Media Marketing and Lead Generation
Social Media Marketing is key in our overall lead generation philosophy.
We’ve created a suite to fully integrate social media with all of our lead generation services into a unique platform.
Such suite/platform is called Lead Generation Farm™.
To learn more about it, click below and register for the webinar that describes the most advanced methodology to generate leads for technical and industrial products or professional services in business-to-business markets:
Why We Are Way More Than a Social Media Agency
Our approach to content marketing is action-oriented, not image-oriented.
The main applications of our post is therefore to generate leads.
We can of course develop content for your branding, or to position your company or product in your customer’ minds. or for customer support, or market intelligence, etc.
But in any case, we always, always, always include a Call-To-Action to drive customer action.
We hate fluff.
Thanks to our approach to content development, we write content that makes sense, transfers information or knowledge, or sometimes just amuses, but it always looks comprehensible to human beings.
We will never, ever, ever ask you: “Give me the content”.
If you had the content, you wouldn’t need our help, right?
Vice versa, our copywriters collect any raw material that you may have buried somewhere in your company offices, in your brochures, catalogues, or emails, or website, etc. …
… and they start developing original content according with the strategy we’ve crafted for you.
Social Media Marketing is not the only weapon we have in our marketing arsenal.
We can provide your company with digital advertising for inbound marketing, with email marketing and telemarketing for outbound marketing, etc…