What is Content Marketing
According to Joe Pulizzi, likely the Godfather of Content Marketing, content marketing is a marketing strategy based upon
creating and distributing content to attract, acquire, and engage a clearly defined and understood target audience – with the objective of driving profitable customer action.
Good content marketing makes a person stop, read, think, and behave differently.
Content Marketing must do something for the business.
It must inform, engage, or amuse with the objective of driving profitable customer action. Your content may engage or inform, but if it’s not accomplishing your business goals, it’s not content marketing.
The main take-away of above definition is the core idea of driving customer action. If your content does not drive customer action, you are free to name it “content”, but you’re not doing any real “content marketing”. You are just creating or publishing useless pieces of content.
Content is the “fuel” to run those vehicles. It is the HOW we convert anonymous visitors into leads, then we convert the leads into prospects, and we finally convert prospects into customers.
How Do Our Content Marketing Campaigns Work
- Define who your ideal customer is.
- Create a Content Strategy to distill
– what is the overall purpose of your contents
– what are the key objectives
– what are the KPI’s we will measure
- Once the strategy is crafted, we create an Editorial Plan summarizing
– subjects of individual pieces
– media (e.g. email, blog articles, social posts, videos)
– “tone” of content
– overall lenght of the editorial plan
– frequency of publishing
- When you approve the Editorial Plan, our copywriters start developing each content piece, which is submitted to you for approval of the core concepts
- Once concept is approved, our web developer or graphic department “dress” the content in the proper media.
- As soon as everything is ok, the content get published.
Content Marketing Funnel
Below is a picture representing the key elements and workflow of our Content Marketing funnel. It belongs to our modular sales and marketing platform called Lead Generation Farm™.
As you can see below (see red boxes), content is everywhere:
- in the online ads of Inbound Marketing (e.g. Google Ads, Facebook Ads, Linkedin Ads)
- in the email and script used to profile the lists in Outbound Marketing
- in the Lead Magnet to convert visitors into leads
- in the web pages of the automatic funnel
- in the sequences of nurturing emails
- in the telemarketing script to qualify prospects and book sales appointments
- in the posts (text, videos, images) that we repurpose in social media
Content Marketing and Lead Generation
Content Marketing is key in our overall lead generation philosophy.
We’ve created a suite to implement content marketing, fully integrated with all of our lead generation services into a unique platform.
Such suite/platform is called Lead Generation Farm™.
To learn more about it, click below and register for the webinar that describes the most advanced methodology to generate leads for technical and industrial products or professional services in business-to-business markets:
Why We Are Way More Than a Communication Agency
Our approach to content marketing is action-oriented, not image-oriented.
The main applications of our content is therefore
– to generate leads
– to convert leads into customers.
We can of course develop content for your branding, or to position your company or product in your customer’ minds.
But in any case, we always, always, always include a Call-To-Action to drive the “profitable customer action” mentioned above, that is at the very core of Content Marketing purpose.
We hate fluff.
Very often, when you read content written by communication agencies, you keep reading it, and re-reading it, and re-reading it… simply because you cannot understand what the meaning of each phrase is!
Did it ever happened to you? It sure did!
Thanks to our approach to content development, we write content that makes sense, transfers information or knowledge, or sometimes just amuses, but it always looks comprehensible to human beings.
We will never, ever, ever ask you: “Give me the content”.
If you had the content, you wouldn’t need our help, right?
Vice versa, our copywriters collect any raw material that you may have buried somewhere in your company offices, in your brochures, catalogues, or emails, or website, etc. …
… and they start developing original content according with the strategy we’ve crafted for you.
Content Marketing is not the only weapon we have in our marketing arsenal.
We can provide your company with digital advertising for inbound marketing, with email marketing and telemarketing for outbound marketing, etc…
So, you do not have to rely on a page that might go on page 1 in Google in 18 months… we can help you leverage content immediately, as soon as we generate leads or start any marketing action.