Last week I heard a voice message on WhatsApp.
A lady “was putting in a good word for” an intern to some business friends in a chat room.
Do you know how she defined the candidate? What talent did she particularly magnify?
Come on, let’s not joke.
Very well prepared?
No, not really.
She called her… “of good command”.
Never heard that expression before.
They explained me that it’s a mix of:
“willing, motivated, easy to give instructions to, who does what she is told without throwing a spanner in the works… etc. etc. etc.”.
So, I’m asking you:
How many arrogant young people are “of good commands”?
How many new hires have you found that could be defined as “good command”?
The episode has reminded me of this other photo, which I took a couple of months ago while passing in front of a hairdresser near Corso Vercelli in Milan:
That’s emblematic, isn’t it?
Every comment is superfluous.
In my personal experience, the worst categories are young technicians with experience in digital/web, and young controllers/financial analysts. Basically, engineers and Bocconi students. I know very little about Bocconi University. But being myself an engineer in the past, I know this category well from the inside too, so I can speak ill of them.
Long ago, the classic technician was a gentleman who was well able to make you lose a sale of 300,000 euros if you took him to a demo with a customer because at the best moment he could say a lapidary …
… “No, we cannot do it.
But at least it was honest.
He didn’t understand s**t, but he was kinda sweet.
Not today, no.
Young technicians are testy, arrogant, presumptuous. And a little bit of lazy-asses: they just do what they like. The more they are absorbed by the web, the more they think that Google Tag Manager is going to solve all the problems in the world. Lucky them…
if you’re looking for an agency:
- to help you with digital marketing;
- that makes your website a tool for selling something;
- that knows how to start and manage advertising on AdWords, social media, contents, etc.
I recommend two options:
- publish an advertisement identical to that of the hairdresser in Corso Vercelli
- look for an agency
- to take care of your digital marketing with A COMMERCIAL ATTITUDE;
- that masks all the absurd and unpleasant fixations of the technicians;
- that is able to do what you don’t know how to do or that you don’t have time to do (since your job is different);
- to look at the mess that your web agency has done and let you know if you’re spending your money well;
- to create a system able to attract new QUALIFIED leads through digital channels.
Impossible to find?
Not at all, that’s us! 🙂
Contact us here to book a free phone session and discover how we can help you: