After years of:
“we’re okay” – “we already have such a thing (???)” – “we don’t care (a priori)”, we can say that:
YOUR WORST COMPETITOR IS CULTURAL LAZINESS,
MENTAL DULLNESS, DISTRUST, RESISTANCE TO CHANGE
TYPICALLY ITALIAN (I add provocatively)
Let’s see if you’re up to date…
- Do you know which is the main competitor of all IT management?
- Do you know which is the main competitor of those who sell technology solutions for hand drying in the industry?
- THE PAPER (in spite of deforestation). Some people even bring their own towel from home.
- Do you know which is the main competitor of those who sell meal tickets?
- The SCHISCETTA (a Milanese dialectal expression that indicates the box for lunch made at home and brought at work)
- Do you know which is the main competitor of a CRM system?
- THE SALESMAN NOTEBOOK
- Do you know which is the main competitor of those who sell LEAD GENERATION solutions?
Crazy, huh?! Considering that it’s 2015.
Your product or service is very cool, avant-garde, both in the case of a traditional solution evolved over time, and of a new product. It solves a lot of problems to the target, makes him work better, faster, saves money, contributes to the increase in productivity, turnover and yet your sales force collides every time against the competitor number 1, the worst.
How do we then get in tune with the target and induce it to consider an investment that leads to improve, save, progress?
The only way is to instil a drop of wisdom at a time “GUTTA CAVAT LAPIDEM“.
Today it’s possible to do this, without getting up from the chair and without carrier pigeons, but by doing what in marketing is called “NURTURING“, that is to say conveying messages and arguments that make the prejudices, fears or doubts present in the reference audience fall away.
So, when a prospect answers you: “we’re good”, without having even given you the opportunity to explain, you should know that this is your worst competitor and that you can only defeat him with healthy, specialized and methodical nurturing.
A kind of brainwashing, of course successful 😉
Want to know how to organize an effective nurturing? THE SYSTEM
If you liked this article, you will definitely like it too…
The objection “It’s always been like that” and the banana experiment The objection “It’s always been like that” and the banana experiment or The invisible competitor.