Many people think that a website is made of 2 layers:
- the outer layer,
consisting of what you see: the graphics, how attractive the website is, its “look and feel”. In short: the design, the bodywork;
- and the inner layer,
which is invisible, boxed inside the graphics: the engine, how it is technically built.
But there is also an invisible layer, which is often underestimated:
- the invisible layer: WHAT IS THE WEBSITE FOR? What are the objectives of your company? Is the website helping you to achieve these objectives?
The first layer, the external one, is relatively easy to set up: a decent graphic designer is enough. The second layer is the same: a good programmer is enough.
But the invisible layer is NOT EASY at all to build.
Because it requires knowing how to clearly identify business aspects that go beyond the mere technical knowledge of a graphics software or a programming language. Instead, you need to understand and make it clear:
- the positioning of the company;
- the type of visitors you want to attract and convert into customers;
- the objectives that the company rely upon the website;
and then you must design the website in a suitable way.
the invisible layer, which is what REALLY MAKES THE WEBSITE WORK, requires vision, strategy, consulting skills and being able to predict the needs of the customer even when not even your customer knows what he needs. And then knowing how to communicate all this in order to generate target visitors, leads, sales.
And this level is often deficient in many companies’ websites.
Because most web agencies lack level 3 expertise.
And the reason is simple: these websites are built by graphic designers and technicians!
They call themselves experts in “digital marketing” but they are mostly experts in “digital” technicalities, not “marketing” aspects. They have no expertise on business issues. They design mock-ups and write lines of code, but don’t ask them to worry about anything else.
Now let’s play a game:
How do you grade your website as regards:
– the body;
– the engine;
– the effectiveness as a business tool;
If you want a complete analysis of your website from all these three perspectives, take advantage of our website assessment.
Here’s what it’s all about:
- we analyse your website in all aspects;
- we will create a report with the critical issues found in the three layers;
- and we’ll tell you what to do to turn your website into the best seller your company has.