A great marketing strategist, Jay Abraham, says that within every company there is a huge treasure of “untapped opportunities”.
(N.B.: inside EVERY company…)
Another great marketing strategist, Dan Kennedy, says that in order to get innovative ideas, you don’t have to look at what your competitors do with their business ideas and opportunities, but you have to take inspiration from what leading companies in different sectors do.
So how can we discover new opportunities, and find ideas in other contexts?
Here’s my method:
- I have built up a network of “informers” over the years;
- from each one I took the useful things, and I discarded the others;
- and finally, I made a special selection of those I follow and study carefully.
After that, when I read or listen to them:
- first of all, I try to put aside any critical attitude, such as “but my market is different”, “it can’t work here”, “we have always done it in another way”;
- then I wonder if something could be useful for me, and when something inspires me, I test it;
- Finally, if the results are encouraging, I introduce that technical or strategy into our business, I re-elaborate it, and use it to create something new.
With this method not only you learn new strategies and techniques, but you also assimilate new principles, and above all you acquire a different way of seeing things.
An example of the application of the method?
A few days ago, I presented the work of a colleague and friend, Valerio Fioretti, who teaches how to create an entirely online business from scratch, using your know-how to position yourself as an expert.
Today he published his third free lesson on how to become an authoritative web marketer.
Since he specializes in online business, do you think he can’t tell you anything useful?
Not at all!
I always follow him myself.
Indeed, precisely because it teaches something that’s perhaps distant from your business, I recommend listening to it with an open mind.
Because you never know from an idea what can come out.
In today’s lesson he answers the 10 most frequently asked questions from people who want to start an online business.
And in doing so, in addition to giving ideas and practical advice, he also makes some candid admissions that make him not only authoritative, but also particularly deserving of attention and trust.
to those who follow these video lessons, in the coming days Valerio Fioretti will also give as a gift the opportunity to download for free ALL his bestselling books from Amazon, as well as a legal thriller novel published by one of his students who has made his profession/passion an online business.