InsideSales has an interesting infographic on the best time to contact a potential customer who has asked for information.
Just two details:
- The study refers to “inside sales” activities, i.e. carried out in response to a lead. So, not generated proactively;
- and it was carried out in the U.S. market, which is very different from ours in many ways.
Having said that, four aspects were considered:
- the best days to contact potential customers would be on Wednesday and Thursday
- the best time would be between 4:00 and 5:00 p.m., or alternatively before 9:00 a.m.
- the ideal response time since a prospect fills out a form or sends a request for re-contact is within 5 minutes
- and the tenacity should be such as to make at least 6 attempts to call, to have 90% chance of speaking with the lead
At the bottom of this article you will find the link to download the original infographic.
Now I would like to underline another aspect: since these colleagues specialize in inbound, they don’t say how to do outbound marketing, that is, going to choose the customers we want, rather than being happy to recall those who contact us.
There’s a big difference.
Here in Italy, if you hope to earn a living from B2B inbound marketing, you risk of languishing for months, and wasting your days qualifying for time wasters on the phone.
On the Italian market, if you want to have sufficient high-quality leads, you have to go out and look for them.
This is what many enlightened companies did until twenty years ago with “Key Account” salesmen: scientific prospecting activities, in which these salesmen went to find out the most potential companies.
Now no company has time to do it.
The brave Key Account sellers have made a career, have created their own portfolio of customers, and no longer do prospecting: they have become “Account Managers”…
Then how can we acquire new customers?
Is there a method today to still carry on the precious “key account targeting”, without the need to unleash sellers to make exhausting telephone calls or – worse – frustrating door-to-door prospecting?
The modern method, adapted to the buying behaviours and sales organizations of the 21st century, is called Lead Generation Farm™.
To learn more and understand what it is about, you can watch these videos:
If you are also interested in learning HOW you can make this method work in your home, you still have a few days to benefit from a product sales promotion with prices discounted by 50%. It expires on Wednesday 27 at 24:00: